Do you feel self-conscious or avoid smiling because of damaged or missing teeth?
Dental implants can give you back a healthy, dazzling smile.
A dental implant is a replacement tooth implanted into the jaw. For candidates of this treatment, implants can improve both oral health and self-confidence when placed by a qualified dentist. Dental implants look and work so much like regular teeth that it is nearly impossible to tell them apart.
This might be the right restoration option for you if:
- You have damaged or missing teeth
- Your jawbone is fully mature and can accommodate implants
- Your oral health is good
- You do not have other health issues, like diabetes, that would affect recovery
- You can commit to the time necessary to complete the implant process
- You do not want other restoration options, like dentures or crowns
The implant itself is made of two parts, a metal post that screws into the jawbone to act as the root of the new tooth, and an abutment that screws into the post and is fitted with a crown. All the parts work together to act like a natural tooth, giving you back the healthy smile you deserve.
What If My Jawbone Cannot Support an Implant?
If you are considering a dental implant, there is a chance you may also need a bone graft in order for the surgery to be successful. Our experienced dentists and team offer bone grafting treatments in Solana Beach, California, that can help regrow bone that is too thin or soft to support an implant. The office of Stacy Godes, DDS orders our bone graft products from OsteoLife to bring you treatments that are safe and effective. Just a couple of the benefits of OsteoLife material include:
- Highest Quality Processing — OsteoLife exceeds industry standards in procurement, processing and sterilization by using the most advanced systems and facilities available.
- An Industry-Leading Pedigree — OsteoLife has clinically tested their materials for over a decade, ensuring the highest levels of safety and efficacy.
If you are interested in a bone grafting treatment, please contact us at 858-794-7768 today to schedule your appointment or visit the OsteoLife site to learn more! We understand that this can be an intimidating treatment option, but we are here to help you through every step of the process. Dr. Godes and Dr. Affaf Ismail are excited to help you achieve a healthy and beautiful smile!